DSIRE is the most comprehensive source of information on incentives and policies that support renewable energy and energy efficiency in the United States. Established in 1995, DSIRE is operated by the N.C. Clean Energy Technology Center at N.C. State University and is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. Follow the navigation above to read about the history of DSIRE, the partners on the project, and the research staff that maintains the policy and incentive data in DSIRE.
Fill out the form below to receive our quarterly newsletter.
The information presented on the DSIRE® website provides an unofficial overview of financial incentives and other policies. It does not constitute professional tax advice or other professional financial guidance, and it should not be used as the only source of information when making purchasing decisions, investment decisions or tax decisions, or when executing other binding agreements. Please refer to the original source materials and the individual contact provided below each policy/incentive summary to verify that a specific financial incentive or other policy applies to your project.
Copyright © 1995-2019. North Carolina State University. All rights reserved.
DSIRE® is a registered trademark of North Carolina State University. Please note that the DSIRE® mark is not being licensed under the Database and Software licenses and no rights to use the DSIRE® mark are being granted.
- DE-FG41-94R110638; IREC Subcontract IREC-NCSC-DBASE1-1095 (1995 – September 1999)
- DE-FG02-99EE35134; IREC Subcontract IREC-NCSC-DBASE2-1000 (September 1999 – October 2002)
- IREC Subcontract NREL-NCSC-DBASENOV02 (October 2002 – June 2006)
- NREL Subcontract XAX-6-66010-01 (June 2006 – January 2010)
- NREL Subcontract XEU-0-099515-01 (January 2010 – August 2013)
- DE-EE0006246 (August 2013 – August 2016)