Incentives/Policies for Renewables & Efficiency
Last DSIRE Review: 01/09/2013
||State Rebate Program
|Eligible Efficiency Technologies:
||Equipment Insulation, Lighting, Lighting Controls/Sensors, Agricultural Equipment, Led Exit Signs, Vending Machine Controls
||Commercial, Industrial, Nonprofit, Schools, Agricultural, Institutional
|Amount:||Varies by technology|
|Eligible System Size:||Businesses must have a peak monthly electric demand of less than 100 kW|
|Equipment Requirements:||Must meet Focus on Energy's standards for energy efficiency|
|Funding Source:||Focus On Energy Program |
|Expiration Date:||03/31/2014 (current applications)|
Focus on Energy offers a free energy assessment and free or discounted energy savings items to small businesses with a peak monthly electric demand of less than 100 kilowatts. After the initial assessment, businesses can sign up for either the Free Energy Savings Package or the $129 Gold Energy Savings Package.
The Free Energy Savings Package includes:
- Unlimited CFLs in various wattages, including dimmable bulbs, globe bulbs, and spiral bulbs
- Unlimited CFL reflectors for replacing can or recessed lights
- Unlimited vending machine controllers for cold drink machines
- Unlimited faucet aerators
- Unlimited water-saving shower heads
- One LED "OPEN" sign replacing existing neon sign
- One engine block heater timer (agricultural customers only)
With a $129 customer copayment, the Gold Energy Savings Package includes:
- Up to 5 LED exit signs
- Unlimited T12/T8 de-lamping (removal of redundant bulbs)
- Up to 5 wall box occupancy sensors
- Up to 5 of each: interior (36 watt) and exterior (18 watt) hardwired fixtures (replacing existing fixtures)
- Up tp eighty 4' T12 to T8 lighting retrofits (lamps and ballasts)
- Up to 10 feet of 1 and 2-inch pipe wrap
- Unlimited 42-watt CFLs
Additional measures above those available in the Gold Energy Savings Package include:
- $10 T8 lamps
- $50 for 8' T12 conversions, plus $10 per lamp if more than 80 lamps
- 10-30% of actual cost of wall box occupancy sensors
- 10-30% of actual cost of hardwired interior (36 watt) or exterior (18 watt) fixtures
- Discounted high-bay fixtures
- 10-30% off LED Exit Signs
In order to participate in the program, interested customers should contact Focus on Energy directly. Please note that customer eligibility for Focus on Energy incentives is based on utility participation; interested individuals and companies should use the eligibility tool on the program web site to determine if their local utility participates in the Focus on Energy program.
Disclaimer: The information presented on the DSIRE web site provides an unofficial overview of financial incentives and other policies. It does not constitute professional tax advice or other professional financial guidance, and it should not be used as the only source of information when making purchasing decisions, investment decisions or tax decisions, or when executing other binding agreements. Please refer to the individual contact provided below each summary to verify that a specific financial incentive or other policy applies to your project.
While the DSIRE staff strives to provide the best information possible, the DSIRE staff, the N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. make no representations or warranties, either express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the information. The DSIRE staff, the N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. disclaim all liability of any kind arising out of your use or misuse of the information contained or referenced on DSIRE Web pages.
Copyright 2012 - 2013 North Carolina State University, under NREL Subcontract No. XEU-0-99515-01. Permission granted only for personal or educational use, or for use by or on behalf of the U.S. government. North Carolina State University prohibits the unauthorized display, reproduction, sale, and/or distribution of all or portions of the content of the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) without prior, written consent.