Last DSIRE Review: 02/27/2013
||Utility Rebate Program
|Eligible Renewable/Other Technologies:
||Commercial, Industrial, Residential
|Amount:||Base Rebate: $1,000/kilowatt DC|
Minnesota Made Bonus: $800/kilowatt
NABCEP Bonus: $800/kilowatt
Nonprofit Bonus: $500/kilowatt
Energy Efficiency Bonus: $800/kilowatt
|Maximum Incentive:||$20,000 or 60% of installed costs, including Minnesota Made, NABCEP, and Nonprofit bonuses|
Energy Efficiency Bonus: $5,000 or or 15% of installed costs
One rebate per customer per year
|Equipment Requirements:||Equipment must conform to the requirements of the State of Minnesota Rebate Program|
|Installation Requirements:||Systems must be installed by an approved installer|
|Program Budget:||$135,000 for PV and Solar Thermal (2013)|
|Expiration Date:||12/31/2013 (most recent applications)|
Minnesota Power offers a rebate of $1,000 per kilowatt (kW) DC for grid-connected solar-electric (PV) systems, with a maximum award of $20,000 per customer or 60% installed costs per customer. This program, which began in 2004, is available to the utility's residential, commercial and industrial customers that receive retail electric service, subject to availability of funding. Originally, Minnesota Power's rebate for PV systems could be combined with the Minnesota Office of Energy Security's Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program; however, the state program is no longer available.
The following conditions apply to Minnesota Power's Solar-Electric Rebate Program:
- Systems must be installed on or before December 31, 2013, and must meet the 12-month installation completion time line established by the Minnesota Office of Energy Security's Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program.
- Minnesota Power's solar-electric rebate funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Minnesota Power to determine availability of funds.
- Systems must be installed by a solar energy installer (see web site for further details).
- Minnesota Power reserves the right to limit the number of rebates per installer per year.
Customers may also qualify for four different bonuses if they meet the base rebate requirements.
- Customers that use a NABCEP-certified solar installer will receive an additional $800/kW.
- Customers that purchase solar PV modules that were manufactured in Minnesota, as defined by Minn Stat 116C.7791, will receive an additional $800/kW.
- Nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations can receive an additional $500/kW.
- Customers that have demonstrated energy efficiency improvements on their home or business can receive an additional $800/kW up to $5,000 or 15% of installed costs. This bonus is not counted toward the $20,000/60% maximum. In order to be eligible, residential customers must complete the ENERGY STAR yardstick with a rating of 7 or more and receive and in-home energy analysis. Commercial customers must either 1) achieve an ENERGY STAR qualified rating or 2) receive a Level II end use analysis and implement at least two measures that qualify for or rebate under Minnesota Power's Power Grant program.
Application materials are available on the program web site.
30 West Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802
Phone: (218) 355-3824
Web Site: http://www.mnpower.com