Incentives/Policies for Renewables & Efficiency
Last DSIRE Review: 08/07/2012
The Targeted Jobs Incentive Fund (TJIF) provides financial incentives for select industries, including solar thermal and photovoltaic manufacturing, installation and repair companies that are relocating or expanding within Miami-Dade County. To be eligible, new or expanding companies relocating to Miami-Dade County must create at least 10 new jobs and make a capital improvement of at least $3 million.
Qualifying industries include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Energy,
- Financial/Professional Services
- Homeland Security/Defense
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Creative Industries
- Global Logistics
- Corporate Headquarters
Miami-Dade County will provide a qualifying company a property tax credit up to 1.7% of total real property capital investment or 1.15% of the tangible personal property capital investment. Incentives will be paid over a six year time period. Incentive award cannot exceed more than the revenue generated by the TJIF project over the same six year time period.
Additional incentive opportunities for eligible real property and tangible personal property are as follows:
- 17.5% of capital investment bonus for each new job if the Company is located in a Designated Priority Area.
- 17.5% of capital investment bonus for each new job if the Company is a "Green Certified" business in Miami-Dade County.
- 5% of capital investment bonus for companies that operate their businesses out of buildings or facilities that qualify as "green construction" or that incorporate an alternative energy system. Specifically, a company can receive a bonus of up to $1,000 if the company operates its business out of a building or facility which qualifies as "green construction" and is certified through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System by the Florida Green Building Council or by the U.S. Green Building Council; and an additional bonus of up to $500 if the company operates its business in a building or facility which incorporates energy generated by solar thermal, solar photovoltaics, fuel cells, and/or co-generation. The alternative energy systems, with the exception of solar thermal, must be grid connected to the local utility in order to qualify.
- 5% of capital investment bonus, if the company manufactures, installs or repairs solar thermal or photovoltaic systems.
All incentive disbursements will occur after jobs are created, capital investments are made and a qualifying company has paid taxes.
Disclaimer: The information presented on the DSIRE web site provides an unofficial overview of financial incentives and other policies. It does not constitute professional tax advice or other professional financial guidance, and it should not be used as the only source of information when making purchasing decisions, investment decisions or tax decisions, or when executing other binding agreements. Please refer to the individual contact provided below each summary to verify that a specific financial incentive or other policy applies to your project.
While the DSIRE staff strives to provide the best information possible, the DSIRE staff, the N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. make no representations or warranties, either express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the information. The DSIRE staff, the N.C. Solar Center, N.C. State University and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. disclaim all liability of any kind arising out of your use or misuse of the information contained or referenced on DSIRE Web pages.
Copyright 2012 - 2013 North Carolina State University, under NREL Subcontract No. XEU-0-99515-01. Permission granted only for personal or educational use, or for use by or on behalf of the U.S. government. North Carolina State University prohibits the unauthorized display, reproduction, sale, and/or distribution of all or portions of the content of the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) without prior, written consent.